The Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation is proud to announce the appointment of new officers and the addition of members to its board of trustees and council of advisors. With a diverse range of backgrounds, these individuals bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the leadership of the nonprofit that is focused on preserving and protecting the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Alfred Adams was reelected to a second term as chair of the board.
- Mitchell was named vice chair. He is the Business and Community Development Director for Henderson County.
- McDowell of Blowing Rock, N.C., was selected to be treasurer. McDowell is the President of McDowell Hospitality, owner and operator of The Mountainaire Inn & Log Cabins.
- Zuckerman, Director of Strategic Initiatives at the World Food Policy Center at Duke University, was named board secretary.
- Lassiter, of Winston-Salem, N.C., is a retired Finance Manager for HanesBrands/Haeco Americas.
- Stout, of Blowing Rock, N.C., is a retired Region President of US Foods.
“The Foundation is experiencing new levels of success to benefit the Blue Ridge Parkway,” Adams said. “The wise counsel of our existing and new members of the board of trustees and council of advisors has provided the momentum for the continued growth and sustainability of the Foundation’s vision and mission.”
- Cummings is the CEO and President of Pathways to Parks, an outdoor adventure group focused on getting people of color outdoors and into national parks. She lives in Horse Shoe, N.C.
- Gest leads The Doan Brook Company, a business development and investment company in Charlotte, N.C.
- Moore, of Winston-Salem, N.C., has worked for First Citizens Bank for the past 20 years as a Manager of Retail Banking.