Thank you for your interest in protecting the Blue Ridge Parkway by pursuing a career with the Foundation.
COMMUNICATIONS INTERN Spring 2019
The Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation is currently seeking a part-time Communications Intern in the Asheville office for the spring. The intern will work with the Communications Director to achieve the nonprofit’s communication goals.
- The Communications Intern will work in the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation office at 322 Gashes Creek Road, Asheville, N.C.
- Paid internship (stipend)
- 10-15 hours per week
- Write press releases, articles, blogs, social media posts, etc., for the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation and the Blue Ridge Music Center (a program of the Foundation)
- Update website and social media
- Prepare submissions for event calendars
- Research media contacts
- Photograph Blue Ridge Parkway sites
- Assist development team with donor outreach
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for the outdoors and the Blue Ridge Parkway a plus
- Experience working with InDesign and Photoshop a plus
- Basic video recording and editing skills a plus
How to Apply:
Email résumé, cover letter, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also review our list of volunteer opportunities.