Thank you for your interest in working for the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation. The following internship/volunteer opportunity is available.
The Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation is the primary fundraising partner for the Blue Ridge Parkway, providing support for initiatives along the 469-mile route, including historical and cultural preservation, environmental protection, visitor amenities, and educational outreach. Since 1997, the Foundation has provided more than $12 million in funding for Blue Ridge Parkway projects and programs.
The Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation is currently seeking a part-time Communications Intern to work in our Asheville office for the summer or fall. The intern will work with the Communications Director to achieve the nonprofit’s communication goals.
- The Communications Intern will work in the Asheville office at 322 Gashes Creek Road, Asheville, NC 28803.
- 15-20 hours a week
- Stipend provided
- Write press releases for Foundation, the Kids in Parks program, and the Blue Ridge Music Center
- Update website and social media
- Research media contacts
- Compose story pitches
- Research and write blog posts
- Photograph Parkway for marketing purposes
- Attend events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Background in communications, marketing, or writing or a current college student pursuing a degree in public relations, communications, marketing, nonprofit management or other related study
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for the outdoors and the Blue Ridge Parkway a plus
- Experience working with InDesign and Photoshop a plus
- Basic video recording and editing skills a plus
How to Apply: Email résumé, cover letter, and two writing samples to email@example.com.
You can also learn about our other volunteer opportunities.