Spring weekends and summer vacation are the perfect time to introduce kids to the outdoors, and we have a great way to do it: TRACK Trails. Our Kids in Parks program is nationwide, but there are nine trails along the Blue Ridge Parkway waiting to be explored. The adventures are easy and fun. Just pick up an activity guide at the trailhead kiosk, and start a trek. After the outing, be sure to register your visit at kidsinparks.com and start collecting free prizes!
TRACK Trails along the Parkway
• Peaks of Otter Recreation Area, milepost 86
• Blue Ridge Music Center, milepost 213
• Julian Price Memorial Park Picnic Area, milepost 297
• Price Lake (paddling trail), milepost 297 (reserve a boat at pricelakeboatrentals.com)
• The Orchard at Altapass, milepost 328
• Mount Mitchell, milepost 355
• Parkway Visitor Center in Asheville, milepost 384
• The North Carolina Arboretum, milepost 393
• Cherokee Oconaluftee River Trail at terminus of the Parkway, milepost 460
Have fun exploring with the whole family!
Are you interested in sponsoring a TRACK Trail at a park near you? Contact Kids in Parks program director Jason Urroz.