As the National Park Service faces an astonishing price tag to repair all aspects of the Blue Ridge Parkway, coupled with impending budget constraints, care of the trails, campgrounds, picnic areas, and overlooks are falling to the bottom of the long list of priorities. That means, the places you enjoy nature on the Parkway desperately need your help!
You can protect the outdoor experiences that are at the heart of the Parkway experience with a gift to the Trails & Views Forever program. Your donation will revitalize trails, picnic areas, campgrounds, overlooks, and additional amenities that allow us to immerse ourselves in the natural beauty of the Parkway.
The fund will:
- Rehabilitate Parkway trails
- Restore iconic Parkway views by managing plant growth at overlooks
- Repair campgrounds and picnic areas, as well as the accompanying restrooms
- Engage volunteers, including youth conservation groups, in the care of these places
- Enhance interpretive and wayfinding signage and educational opportunities
Plus, gifts of $1,000 or more will be recognized with a limited edition patch. Your name will also be listed on Trails & Views Forever donor recognition boards at Graveyard Fields, Craggy Gardens, Rough Ridge, Price Lake, Peaks of Otter, and Humpback Rocks on the Parkway, and in our annual report.
Learn more about Trails & Views Forever with this webinar: