Reports to Communications Director
The Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation, a 501(c)(3), is seeking a qualified Communications Manager to work with a motivated team dedicated to safeguarding the future of the Blue Ridge Parkway. This person will assume responsibility for creating effective promotional collateral and communicating our mission in ways that inspire and grow our Community of Stewards. This is a new position and has the potential for advancement in title and salary depending on the success of the candidate.
Work closely with the Communications Director, CEO, Program Directors (Kids in Parks and Blue Ridge Music Center) and team to:
- Design custom print materials, including brochures, annual reports, event invitations, signage, newsletters, program guides, etc., that adhere to consistent style and branding
- Collaborate with printing firms to meet production deadlines and ensure quality of finished materials
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic communications that align with organizational objectives
- Apply strong writing and storytelling skills to produce effective communications for a variety of audiences
- Assist in the design, production, and coordination of all fundraising collateral, including appeal letters
- Maintain and expand media contact lists and track media coverage
- Assist in writing and distributing press releases, PSAs, etc.
- Assist in updating websites and social media accounts
- Create content for and design e-newsletter communications
- Design print and web advertisements
- Attend Foundation events to shoot photographs and write recaps
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, journalism, or equivalent related experience and/or training required
- Expertise in graphic design for print and web using Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Proven track record of successful communications endeavors
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, yet comfortable working effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Experience in design and production of fund development communications preferred
- Experience with nonprofit organizations or similar work environment a plus
Salary Range: $30,000-$35,000 annual salary range, plus health and 401K benefits
To Apply: Send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Applications submitted directly through a job search engine will NOT be accepted. This position is open until May 22, 5 p.m. EST.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.