Reports to Finance & Administrative Director
We are seeking a qualified Bookkeeper to work with the Finance and Administrative Director and a motivated team dedicated to safeguarding the future of the Blue Ridge Parkway. This person will assist in completing the full bookkeeping functions from source documentation to trial balance. Tasks will also include recording day-to-day financial transactions. Responsibilities include ensuring all accounting, financial records, and responsibility for efficient day-to-day operations of the office. This is a new position.
Work closely with Finance and Administrative Director to:
- Maintain financial records and prepare general ledger accounts
- Maintain a comprehensive detailed bookkeeping system including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments
- Produce clear and accurate reports for management and board
- Assist development team with monthly reconciliation of financial records
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience and/or training preferred
- Knowledge and experience in bookkeeping practices and generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel and proven track record in use
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements in a non-profit environment
- Experience with nonprofit organizations or similar work environment
- 3 years of accounting, administrative, and/or related experience
- Enthusiasm for the mission-driven work of the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with dedicated team
- Exceptional planning, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
Starting salary: $38,000-$45,000, plus health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k) benefits
To apply: Send your cover letter and résumé to cward(@)brpfoundation.org. Applications submitted directly through a job search engine will NOT be accepted. The deadline for applications is 5 p.m. EST, May 31, 2023.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusivity
The Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation aspires to be an inclusive organization that engages and serves the rich dimensions of diversity, such as race, gender, ethnicity, sexual identity, socioeconomic status, age, ability, and religion. Diverse people make the Foundation a stronger, more vibrant, more relevant, and more stable organization, better prepared to achieve its mission through diverse input and more effective outcomes. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age, or genetic information.